Monday, September 6, 2010

Blog Post #1 - About Me

My name is Carly Klimash and I am an Instructional Technologist at Lehigh University.  I am in my last semester of the Instructional Technology Masters program at Lehigh.  I hope to continue to apply my learning to the work I do at Lehigh, and offer new and innovative tools to the faculty and staff to enhance the learning experience for our student body.
Technology has always been the focus of my education and work experience.  As an undergrad, I completed a bachelor's in Business Administration with a concentration and management information systems. The school that I attended, Northeastern University, has a strong focus on practical knowledge application from classroom to work and vice verse via a co-op program.  I completed my co-op experience at Harvard Law School in the tech department, and drew a wealth of technical and educational experience.  This experience drew me back into the world of higher ed after a few years in the corporate world as a systems administrator.
All of these experiences provided me with a perspective of using technology as a tool to improve the task at hand, while creating a more efficient and effective experience for the end user.  I hope that continuing to learn and hone these skills, will allow me to provide future support in this capacity in my work and teaching to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment